Product Marketing Supervisor (Boilers)
Sales, Marketing and Training
WHO WE ARE
Navien, Inc. is manufacturer of one of the newest and most energy efficient green technologies: tank-less water heaters and combination boilers. We are one of the fastest growing companies in North America. Boasting back to back years of doubling sales while defying the most significant construction downturn in decades, Navien has achieved international recognition for its sophisticated engineering and robust designs. Backed by more than thirty years of experience with advanced water heating technology overseas, Navien sits on the precipice of continued explosive growth with a technology the world needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This position will be responsible for co-creating and co-developing marketing strategies for one or more product lines, in support of established revenue, profit and other goals. To effectively differentiate a product in the market, appropriate research of potential customer demographics, competitor offerings, and other market intelligence is typically required. The ideal candidate for this position must be familiar with Navien and or the tankless and condensing boiler industry. They are experienced in Boiler product planning, as well as managing a product throughout its lifecycle. They must also be able to work well in a team environment. This position often requires collaborating with product developers to gather and prioritize customer requirements, define objectives and needs, and provide data to product developers. Essential attributes include excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask and remain focused in high-pressure situations. This person dives into the details while always keeping the big picture in mind. In addition, the Product Marketing Supervisor (Boiler) must be highly self-motivated, have a positive attitude and be resourceful and enthusiastic about sales and continued growth. If you are someone who likes travel, meet new people, and build lasting relationships, you will have a great advantage!
- Develop Market-Specific Promotional Collateral, Demonstrations, and Tutorials.
- Conduct market research and staying knowledgeable about industry trends.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development and sales operations.
- Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials, communicating the value and unique advantages of the product portfolio.
- Provide business analysis of varying markets to support new product development requests.
- Enroll in various awards continuously for the entire product portfolio.
- Lead competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps(customer surveys, online research, other benchmarking methodologies, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with parent company KD Navien’s engineering and business teams on product development requirements and business needs.
- Perform market research & customer sensing activities required to refine product designs.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Marketing, Finance, Sales to ensure profitable growth of the product portfolio and successful execution of various product development projects.
- Establish and manage relationships with multiple OEM suppliers to ensure product quality, competitiveness, market relevance for all of Navien’s products.
- Team up with marketing, product management, sales, design, and web team to ensure successful product lifecycle.
- Provide product leadership at customer and internal events & meetings.
- Lead various cross-functional teams in product planning requiring in-house and field onboarding.
- Manage all tradeshows/customer facing events from budgeting, planning and execution.
- Development in a team environment our internal and external communications activity, including sales & marketing collateral, web content management, press releases, presentations, and sales proposals.
- Develop market requirements documents to create a business case for products.
- Product development current and future products.
- Design and implement product launches for all online/offline channels.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Co-develop and implement messaging platforms that clearly position the company and its product lines in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Graphic Design.
- Must have 5 years of strong product marketing experience.
- Manage marketing projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with Mac & PC systems.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and communication skills.
- Web & interactive skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of presentation/public speaking skills and strong customer service skills.
- Ability to drive/travel – approximately 20% out of town travel required.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Advanced understanding of Adobe creative suite.
- Web site development and implementation.
- The ability to handle several projects at once under deadline pressure is also essential.
- An ability to understand, research, writes and delivers summaries on a range of business issues.
- Strong research and development background.
- Able to critically analyze market trends and develop a go to market plan.
- High level of understanding the water heating industry and trends.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis abilities.
· An above average understanding of water heating markets and channel marketing.
Required Application Materials:
· Cover Letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Navien?
o What specific qualifications do you have that will relate to the position?
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered – please address them to “Hiring Manager”
- Benefits are available to employees after a successful introductory period.
- Provided through Cigna: Medical, Dental, Ortho, Vision, Rx, and Life Insurance.
- Employee’s covered 100% and dependents 50%.
- 401(k) available after your first year, Navien matching 100% of the employee’s contribution up to 5% of base salary for that given year.